Mobile bread oven: how to choose it?
The concept of the mobile bread oven is not new, since the Swiss army was already building mobile, self-contained bakeries at the beginning of the 20th century. The aim of these towed military bakeries was to ensure that the troops were supplied with fresh bread.
For several years now, the nomadic bread oven has been making a comeback and experiments are numerous, in a wide variety of contexts. Amateur bakers, associations, farmer-bakers and full-time bakers are all taking up this great idea in their own way! Discover in this article how to choose your mobile bread oven, as well as the models of Grand-Mère ovens that may correspond to your profile.
Essential questions to ask when choosing a mobile bread oven
There are ovens on the market today for every project and every budget, from the light self-build oven to the professional oven designed for a truck. It is therefore important to clarify your needs first.
- What is the expected output, per day or per week?
- How far will your oven have to travel? Will you move it from your shed to your garden, or will it have to travel several dozen kilometres each day?
- Where will you prepare and knead the dough? Do you need an oven alone or a complete mobile bakery, including a laboratory?
- What kind of breads or pastries do you want to bake in it? Based on the size and shape of the products, you can calculate the baking space required for a batch. For example, on 1 m² of floor space you can bake 16 baguettes or 10 loaves of bread weighing 1.2 kg on average.
- What is the maximum acceptable weight of your oven? The answer depends on the type of stand or vehicle you plan to use, but also on any traffic restrictions.
- What is the budget?
Which models of Grand-Mère ovens are suitable for your project?
Four Grand-Mère, the leader in wood-fired ovens for vehicles, offers a wide range of mobile and durable wood-fired ovens. All these ovens, which combine tradition and quality of manufacture, are direct heating. They therefore give you the right to use the designation “wood-fired bread.”
- Posted on
Post related products
WOOD-FIRED OVEN NESTOR... F1030DN